I never realized that it could be this easy.
We gather to share a meal - experiences and battle-scars are our dishes to offer. We're either dining with someone who wants - and can accept - an honest reaction ("this is too bitter for my tastes", "this could use more spice but it's good", "I've tried this and I'm not a fan") or we're dining with someone who just needed a space to sit down, who doesn't want to pass around their courses, or who isn't interested in tasting what you've brought to the table. It can be hard to not take that response personally, however it just leaves more for the right dining partner to enjoy.
It's more than being open to try new flavors. It's more than wanting to share your meal in the first place. It's honestly all about finding the right person to sit across from at the table, no matter the course being served.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment