Tuesday, January 19, 2010

"Tanks ... but no tanks"

Men and women.
Women and men.
We're so alike.

We're soooooo different.

So the Awesome Boyfriend and I were checking out various electronic games we could play this past week, and it turns out that we're equally competitive, which is nice.

To a point.

One of the games involved tanks. Since we were playing at the same time, the TV screen came up and showed two tanks - one at the top of the screen that was red and one at the bottom that was blue, both on the left-hand side of the screen. I scanned the screen for a couple of seconds and saw a green tank at the right hand side of the screen, in the middle. Clearly, I decided, that was the enemy. That was our target. And, while I was doing that, in those brief seconds, I heard blam!!!!

The blue tank was gone.

It took a second for me to register it, but ... my Beloved ... had ... just blown up my tank.

Yes, my Awesome Boyfriend, with the very first shot he fired - in fact, the very action he took - was to blow up my tank.

Blew it right up.

Took me right outta the game before I had even figured out what we were supposed to be doing.

I very slowly turned my head and, in-between laughing, I finally had enough breath to ask him "so whadya' go and do THAT for, ya' dork?"

He was already laughing before I could begin to speak.

Maaany hours later, as we were preparing to sleep, he turned to me and almost sheepishly said "yanno, I thought that was the goal of the game. I hadn't even seen that other tank."

Women and men.
Men and Women.
We're so alike.

We're soooooo different.

***********************
(And, in case this doesn't read right, please note that I laughed my ass off the minute he pressed the "fire" button. We both did. I thought it was genius, honestly. It hadn't even occurred to me to do it, and I kinda wish I had. We giggled about it later that night, too. We do that. We're the couple that we used to hate and we like it that way. Very much.)

1 comment:

Dana @ Cooking At Cafe D said...

I can't EVEN begin to describe how much I GET this.

Both the..."he just blew my ass up" part..and the "we are now the couple I used to hate" part.

Men and women are wired, differently.