The trouble with leaving things to Karma is that you MUST leave them. You cannot force the speed at which Karma will strike. You cannot dictate what Karma will do, when it will do it or - indeed - if Karma will have anything occur at all.
But. in order to not live with a constant need for revenge ... in order to not become worse than the evil one is fighting ... in order to not be consumed by hate, I believe that - at some point - one MUST leave things at Karma's door.
Some would say that revenge is too satisfying to leave to chance. Some say that revenge is a dish best served cold. (I know I've uttered that phrase more than twice in my life.) I dunno. I don't think that revenge ... payback ... retribution ... is mine (or yours) to distribute.
I realize that there are those that would say my way of thinking is too non-confrontational. That it's too easy or the cowards way out. This is not totally false. I am not a fan of being confrontational (or of being confronted). I don't like feeling backed into a corner - no matter if I'm the one backing up or walking forward.
But checking my gut reactions ... taking a deep breath and walking away ... it is not easy. It does not bring me peace. It does not satisfy me. However, if my choice is to allow my rage to control my actions or control my rage and allow Karma to act for me, I will be content at being unsatisfied.
I believe more in Karma than I do in hate. I trust more in Karma and will put more energy in it than I will give in to evil.
In short, Karma is a slow, distracted waitress and Payback is the chef. At some point, you will be served and you will be made to dine on the plate in front of you. The plate that you ordered. The plate you have earned.
Enjoy your meal.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment