Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Positive Energy

You know at least one person like this.  The "every cloud has a silver lining" person.  The "always look on the bright side, never let 'em get you down, tomorrow is another day, every closed door has an open window, the sun will come out tomorrow" type.  The seemingly always happy person.

They probably annoy you.  Even though they aren't causing you any actual harm, there are days when you'd REALLLLY like to tell them to get real.

How do I know this?  I am that person.

Which is *not* to say that I'm not moody.  I have my very dark days, too - TRUST me on this.  But those days are the exception.  I've noticed as I get older that I'm far more inclined to find the good in things.

Did your car breakdown?  At least it happened during the day.
Didn't get the news you wanted from your dentist?  Well now you can prepare for what's ahead of you.
Got passed up for that job?  Start on Plan B and I'll bet ya' the phone will ring with good news soon.

Yesterday, someone I don't know really rained all over my spirits.  If I weren't flu-ish and had a more focused brain, I woulda asked them who had peed on their cereal.

So - on behalf of all of us perpetually "things aren't so bad" people - let me ask a favor.  When you meet us, when we show you our personality, when you see that we're acting on a good impulse, try not to crush us with all your doom and gloom.

We KNOW the reality.  We realize how the real world works.  Crap happens.  Horrible stuff occurs every day to every one.  Even us.  We're just trying to get through as best we know how, and sometimes being positive takes all the energy we have.

So, if you have nothing positive to contribute, kindly shut the fuck up and just have a nice day.

No comments: