Shiloh, the little kitty who could, is in full-recovery mode. Her coat is soft and clean and she's keeping herself looking beautiful. Her appetite is balanced - she's no longer ravenous but she eats when she's hungry and enjoys treats on a regular basis. She's playful, *loves* her catnip toys, and even her meow has improved. She'll have one more vet appointment (a booster shot) and we have one more bit of medication to give to her but, other than those minor details, she's a very healthy - and clearly a much happier - kitty.
The Awesome Boyfriend and I introduced Shiloh to Tabby this weekend. I can't speak for The Awesome Boyfriend, but I figured it'd be a cold reception and just hoped that Tabby would ignore Shiloh for the most part. Well, long story short, we gave it a try but Tabby made it clear that she enjoys being in a one-kitty home. (It was Shiloh that was doing the ignoring, actually - she was a very gracious "guest" visitor.) But we decided at the onset that Tabby's was the only vote that would really count, so now a different journey begins.
Shiloh's primary job will be to continue to recover and I will do my best to find her her new family. I don't know if it will be difficult or not. She's got so much going for her ... I'd think there's gotta be lots of families just looking for a warm, loving, quiet, well-groomed, healthy, soft bundle of fun to welcome into their homes and I can't think of cat that has earned that more than Shiloh. I'd like to think I've helped her in her recovery thus far so hopefully I can help her just a little bit more to find her a deserving forever home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment