Feast or famine. Joyful or Sad. Open or closed. Busy or peaceful. Quiet or crazy.
I wonder how much energy the average human adult (if there IS such a thing) spends trying to create balance in their lives. We toil away at our jobs so as to afford vacations. We drive like demons to get further into traffic to get home so we can rest. We create projects or start on tasks that we hope will make our homes, or our systems, or our accounts, run more efficiently and never really notice when they are in place because we're working on the next task or project.
And, ironically, by the time we're REALLY ready to enjoy the fruits of our labors (no matter if it is a the end of a day, week, year or retirement age), we're too damn tired to look around and say "wow - this is nice".
I had a mini-experience like that recently. I've had an off-and-on migraine for a couple o' days and, each time the "fog" lifted, I did as much as I could because I knew I was on borrowed time. And boy, did I have things to celebrate, thanks to The Awesome Boyfriend. Incredible reservations at an amazing place in a favorite city on what promises to be an unimaginably fun weekend ... and it was all I could do to say "wow that's great, Sweetheart. Can you bring me an icepack?"
So today, before my day started to get moving, I got us great seats on the right flights at a darn nice fare. It feels GREAT to be part of this process ... to participate in the planning more than just saying "what day is that again? Where is this place? What kinda dress code?"
And the bonus in this all ... the cherry on the sundae ... is that we'll likely have time to stop into a few favorite places of mine, visit a few new soon-to-be favorite places of ours, meet with old/new friends and share new/old stories ...
Memorial Day/Weekend never seemed so far away. I'm gonna work like hell so I can hurry up and enjoy it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment