After a month on the Inderal, I honestly tried to talk myself into believing I was shaking less. Really, I tried. Ask my friend Kathleen - hell, I was practically bragging about how much better I was doing when we had dinner in Philadelphia.
The truth of the matter was that yes, I was experiencing FAR fewer migraines, which was a blessing in and of itself, of course. But this time, since I was taking the Inderal for the express purpose of controlling the tremor ... well ... maybe I was expecting a little too much. Again, we can talk ourselves into pretty much anything when we're observing our own patterns. (Remember the ice cubes that you're not supposed to think about?) Was I really shaking less or was I just really wanting to believe I was shaking less?
*****************
I wrote to my GP and said "Hey doc - can we up the size of the dose to see if that helps?" and he agreed to do that - and also made an appointment on my behalf to go get a second opinion from a Neurologist. Which I was totally alright with. I wouldn't expect a GP to be 100% comfortable in diagnosing a neurological disorder after all. And he had already let me off the hook for my biggest worries so I had nothing to lose! Hell - bring on the Neurologist.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment