Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Full of Thanks

Tomorrow is a day to remember all the graces, the gestures, the kindnesses of all sizes, and to be thankful.

While I'm not a pie-eyed, rainbows and unicorns, "all the world is wonderful all the time" type, I'm well aware that my outlook, in general, is silver-lining lined.  Heck I'm actually thankfull my tire blew out when and where it did because it was followed by general niceness by lots of folks.

I believe in "Thank You".  I believe in smiling.  I believe in being gracious, if at all possible.  Some days it takes a LOT of energy to be gracious and even just to smile.  I know that.  I'm a realist.

My health did NOT turn out as I'd ever thought it would, but I'm thankful that, since I have Parkinson's, I at least have access to the health professionals who help care for me.  My career did NOT turn out as I thought it would, but this path opened up so many other doors for me.

Last week, (and now I'm crying) last week I made a pledge and sealed a life-long bond.

Hell yes, I'm thankful.

Take a minute.  Stand up.  Listen.

Give thanks.

It is SO worth the energy.

No comments: