Thursday, August 30, 2007

Putting myself through a little planned Missouri

September will be interesting … in a few weeks, I'll go to a state that I swore up and down I'd never EVER step foot in to participate in an event that I'm VERY unprepared for but with friends that I adore and for a goal that I firmly believe in (even if I'm not wild about the org. that I've partnered with to participate in said event). I have no specific reason to fear Missouri really … and while I've been told (over and over and over) that it's not "the South", the accent that I know as being from Missouri tells me otherwise. I have, as I've already written, a deep affection for most things Southern, actually - but, without going into details, I have a painful history with an ex-resident from St. Joseph, MO … and well it's just gonna be uncomfortable for me is all. But it is manageable. This *will* be the "stretch" experience that I have for my 39th year on this planet. Not the event, actually but the "going to Missouri" part.

And yes, I know what I'm doing for my birthday next year. I know exactly where I'll be, what I'll be wearing, what I'll be eating, what city I'll be in, what time of day I'll be doing it, and no – you cannot participate. You can come watch, if you'd like – but from a distance. And, since I believe thus far this is only being read by guys, tailored suits will be required.

No comments: