Tuesday, August 7, 2007

See - ya’ click on the horse & it sings ... oh just nevermind.

So I've talked about my friendship with Tim, but I haven't mentioned Jen. When I interviewed with the company I'm working for now, Tim and Jen team-interviewed me. Tim and I hit it off right away, but Jen was a little more reserved. I learned later it's because she takes a bit to warm up. Like about 3 minutes.

I inherited part of her gig when I got my job - the part that she wanted to let go of, which was great. We both got exactly what we wanted, which in the job world rarely happens. We worked amazingly well together, the three of us. So well, in fact, that when my boss moved on to another job, they just let the three of us continue to do our thing, un-managed. (We all joked that we were unmanageable. Of course, we now realize that … well … we ARE.)

In his spare time, Tim is a professional singer. (I know – "spare" vs. "professional" kind of argue against each other. Get over it.) In her spare time, Jen is a professional actress. In my spare time, I cook. And eat. The three of us have all of FUN vices covered – food, music, and entertainment. In fact, Jen's professional spare time moved her to NYC, which is where she's been for more than a year – still working for our company, just elsewhere. It's a bummer not seeing her all the time, but we exchange email rants and fun websites (for instance, this
http://svt.se/hogafflahage/hogafflaHage_site/Kor/hestekor.swf just KILLS us. About three times a year, for no reason at all, one of us will send this to the other two and we'll giggle for hours.)

Anyway, I busted out from my HQ offices today to head into my big city office to see Tim for about 10 minutes prior to having dinner with my other favorite co-worker Scott. I consider it a two-fer. I get to see Tim AND hang with Scott. It can't get better than that! Tim and I caught up in about 2 seconds, talking over each other … as all couples do. I walked with him out the office as he left for the day. I stopped off at the ATM and walked back into my building, and there was Jen walking out.

We're gonna catch up on Thursday "for real" instead of screaming "omyfriggengodhowcomeyourbadgestillletsyouinyouskinnywitchyoulookincredibleareyougettinglaidregularily
causeyoulookamazingandIgottago" at each other. But just before she hopped into her cab, she turned to me and said "singing horses".

I LOVE friends like that. I hope everyone has friends like that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic Jules! I just lost another 17 minutes of my life to those damn singing horses. Kills me every freakin time. You realize if you continue to feature me this heavily on your blog, well, that's one devoted reader you'll have.