The holidays are a time of great joy, immeasurable love and overflowing kindness.
So why, I wondered to myself this morning, was this woman in line in front of me so completely pissed off? She had two children, both of which were warmly dressed and very well-behaved. She had driven up to the coffee house in a nice vehicle that appeared to be in good running condition. She had warm clothing, she was buying a hot beverage and treats for her kids without having to seemingly think twice about her budget but, as far as she was concerned, she was the unluckiest person on the planet.
Apparently, her coffee order was taking a few more minutes than she believed was necessary, her cellular phone reception wasn't as strong as she would have liked and she discussing the problems she was having with "the family cabin" to whomever was on other other end of the phone.
Well, she just must be right ... she must be the unluckiest woman on the planet, or I'm just not smart enough to find the "crappy" stuff of my own. When I take stock, I see that I have amazing doctors who help me keep a stiff upper lip for my next blood count. I have a great extended family who are keeping busy as we all prepare for my Aunt's memorial service this weekend. I have a tremendous circle friends who are generous and thoughtful beyond all comprehension - who give of their time, their humor, their skills, their laughter, and their love. Best (and MOST amazing) of all, I have a future that I'm willing and capable of seeing - and shaping - and having - and sharing.
No sarcasm intended - today I stood in line behind the unluckiest woman in the world, and I really wouldn't trade lives with her.
This one ... this one is all mine.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I removed a previous comment here because it appeared to be generated from an advertisement. If I was wrong in deleting it, I apologize in advance.
Post a Comment