Thursday, February 12, 2009

I Just Wanna Stop - And Thank You, Baby.

In my time on this planet, I've heard a version of a specific intent by (probably) well-meaning but (completely) ill-prepared people. Not singular - as in "one person" ... but "people" - plural. When one person lets you down, you question their character. When more than one person does the same thing, you begin to think you're asking too much. Or, at least, I did.

I heard that intent expressed again not long ago and, though there was a touch of "yeah right" skepticism in my head, I ignored it.



And wouldn't ya' know it, it wasn't ever about me in the first place.


... but you brightened up all my days, with a love so sweet in so many ways,
I want to stop - and thank you, Baby. I just want to stop - and thank you, Baby!!

No comments: