Wednesday, April 8, 2009

...ens Tale.

Like a lot of business folk, I have a personal data assistant-type device that, for a time, was my portable office. It saved me time. It linked me immediately with whomever I needed to talk with - either via phone or IM or email. It brought in revenue (or, I guess, helped me bring in revenue) and there was even a time, when storms were threatening an area where I was working, that I used it to plan my escape route ... just in case.

Today ... today it provided laughter.

From my email page on this device, I can see the time I received a message, the name of the person (or business) that the email originated from, and the subject line. If the name of the person (or business) is short, I can see more of the the subject line. And other times, things get shortened.

Which explains why the BBC America sent me an email today titled "A Powerful Dick ..."

1 comment:

Dana @ Cooking At Cafe D said...

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.

LOL.