We all have at least one flawed-logic weakness.
Examples:
Saying "I'm trying to lose weight" while waiting for the elevator to take you up one floor.
Enjoying a bit of sorbet while wrapped in a very warm blanket to help you stay warm.
Clipping coupons and cutting corners while paying $3 for a cup of hot chocolate.
Here's mine (ok - here's ONE of mine):
I have the "weekend fun sunshine and tooling around" vehicle and the "workday regular sedan with a couple of small dents but who cares it still runs" vehicle. The "WFSATA" car will be 9 years old in August and he has just barely over 40,000 miles on him. This is intentional. I want to keep him as new as I can for as long as I can. My "WRS..." car is 17 years old and has 100,000 more miles than the other. She has parking karma so remarkable that I have, in fact, remarked about it before and she's never let me down. So there's that part of my weakness - 1 driver, 2 vehicles.
I have a neighbor in his 80's ... we'll call him "George" ... who has a perfect house, complete with perfect garage and perfect back-yard. George has a very high-end motorcycle that he uses about once a month. He also has a spotless sedan, a cute little VW bug, and a nice shiny pickup truck. 1 driver, 4 vehicles.
This weekend, George's son parked a car for sale in the driveway. It is a classic. It is pristine. It is impractical. It is perfectly restored. And God help me, I must have it.
Now admitting that the only thing nuttier than "1 driver, 2 vehicles" is "1 driver, 3 vehicles", I decided to bring in the big guns. (I made this decision while realizing I was thinking things like "well, since it's an older vehicle and there's no computer chip stuff, I can work on it myself", etc.) I called my parents, hoping to get my mother to help me reason my way out of even thinking of asking George what the asking price is. I called at the wrong time, though ... Mom was running errands but Dad asked what was up and *sigh* I told him.
So the only thing even nuttier than "1 driver, 3 vehicles"? Asking advice from someone who is part of the ratio of "2 drivers, 10 vehicles".
Mannnnnnnnn I hope George isn't around when I stop by later today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Having a custom bakery business...while still "working off" the "baby weight" 17 YEARS LATER!!
BTW get the car---you only live once :)
Guilty. "Buying a new laptop so that you can use Quicken to help you budget your money better."
(And, the fact that I can video chat with the new beau doesn't suck either.)
Er, what'd yer Goofy Dad?
Post a Comment