Factoid #1: It's no surprise that I'm rediscovering music I'd forgotten I had. Working with my online musical library means that tunes I'd downloaded or moved over from CD are once again coming to my attention.
Factoid #2: I've been doing well over the past week or so. I've been keeping busy (on purpose), and there are places and people and things that I allow myself to dream about ... future-type places and people and things ... places and people and things that I'm 120% sure about. However, so as to not drive myself TOO crazy, I try to keep the daydreaming at a minimum and keep it to myself.
So, for instance, it'd be unlike me to write that while I was electronically flipping through my music collection, I found myself listening to a song and thinking "Gosh, what a perfectly lovely song that'd be to use in a wedding".
It was written that I would love you from the minute I opened my eyes.
And the morning when I first saw you gave me life under Calico skies.
I will hold you for as long as you like. I'll hold you for the rest of my life.
Always looking for ways to love you. Never failing to fight at your side.
While the angels of love protect us from the inner most secrets we hide.
I'll hold you for as long as you like. I'll hold you for the rest of my life.
I'll love you for the rest of my life.
Long live all of us crazy soldiers who were born under Calico skies.
May we never be called to handle all the weapons of war we despise.
I'll hold you for as long as you like. I'll hold you for the rest of my life.
I'll love you for as long as you like.
I'll love you for the rest of my ... for the rest of my life.
Yeah, it'd be unlikely for me to write that. But I'm 120% sure it would be.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I have a special affection for Keith Urban's "Making Memories of Us."
Just saying.
Which is a little unlike me. ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1y1oW_CBoAE
"Making Memories Of Us"
I'm gonna be here for you baby
I'll be a man of my word
Speak the language in a voice that you have never heard
I wanna sleep with you forever
And I wanna die in your arms
In a cabin by a meadow where the wild bees swarm
And I'm gonna love you like nobody loves you
And I'll earn your trust making memories of us
I wanna honor your mother
I wanna learn from your pa
I wanna steal your attention like a bad outlaw
I wanna stand out in a crowd for you
A man among men
I wanna make your world better than it's ever been
We'll follow the rainbow
Wherever the four winds blow
And there'll be a new day
Comin' your way
I'm gonna be here for you from now on
This you know somehow
You've been stretched to the limits but it's alright now
And I'm gonna make you a promise
If there's life after this
I'm gonna be there to meet you with a warm, wet kiss
Post a Comment