So I was half-watching TV last night (really I was more listening with my eyes closed than watching actually) and a commercial came on for a device of some kind (no free-advertising today). And the thirty seconds of music that was playing in the background of this ad reminded me of a song that I always liked but ... well ... I wasn't awake enough to write down a note to myself to look up the tune later.
Flash forward to today ...
I'm surfing for like 35 minutes for this silly ad. Now, I'm pretty resourceful. I know to use different terms when looking for something - heck, I even checked the message boards that were discussing the product in question, but I was batting ZERO. The product that was being advertised seemed to only have two commercials, and the music in both was NOT what caught my ear last night. I was moments from just giving up when I mentioned it to the boyfriend. I described the music (incorrectly, as it would turn out), told him the product that was being advertised, and that all my searching had led me nowhere. I even told him that I'd started to doubt that I was naming the right product ...
... and it took him just barely over five minutes to come up with the tune in question.
He's a keeper.
*****************
Since I haven't named the ad, the product, or the specific song ... how about ya' just respond with your favorite "guilty pleasure 80's or 90's" song?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment