September may be a "quiet blog period" for me.
Not because I have nothing to say - but because I just wouldn't know where to start. I have a list (in my head thus far, shortly to be put to paper) of things I need to accomplish in less than 21 days. There are times that this list washes over the top of my head and threatens to drown me - and there are times when I realize that the "must do" part of this list is actually pretty short.
I'm sure I've mentioned before that I'm a list-maker. There's something ... calming? ... about starting with a whole mess of things that are in your head, writing them down, and then seeing some of them have an order to them ("I can't do 'B' if I haven't yet done 'A'"), and then checking them as done, or - better still - crossing them off and seeing that you've made progress.
I've recently crossed off an item that's been on one of my lists for decades. It wasn't an item from a "must do" list - it was more of a "I owe it to myself to try to accomplish this" sort of an list. And even 'tho it was originally scheduled for Tuesday the 1st and I didn't get around to attempting to do it until Saturday the 5th, I did attempt it. And better than that - I achieved it. And BEST of all? I achieved it next to (and probably BECAUSE of) the man I love, who supported me throughout, who never lost confidence in me, who understood my fear without understanding why I was afraid.
In our time together, we have followed the signs, walked the narrow path, climbed down (and then back up) the mountain, stayed up late and slept in all day, saw the forest AND the trees, jumped feet first into the water, laughed until we cried, stood on the edge of cliffs, crossed that bridge ... annnnnnnnd any other metaphors ya' can think of ... and our reward was we have created memory after amazing memory. In fact, in reviewing the list, we've kinda run out of metaphors.
I think we should move to metaphives.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
^ High phive, Jules.
Post a Comment