Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Just When You Thought I Couldn't Get Any Weirder

Have you ever thought of something - like, say, an animal, pictured it in your head and then thought of something else - maybe a DIFFERENT animal - and found that ya' really couldn't picture it in your head?

For instance ... we all know that this ...

... is an armadillo. The coiled shell-like hood and back kinda give him away. Plus he looks just like David Schwimmer did when his character "Ross" on "Friends" dressed up in what was supposed to be Santa so that he could tell his son "Ben" all about Hanukkah but all they had left at the costume store was an armadillo cos... where was I?

Right - ok so we're agreed. This ...
... is an armadillo.

Now ... what's an aardvark look like?


*


*


*

I know - right? Well, here - lemme help.

This ...

... is an aardvark.

How crazy is THAT? I mean just look at these two?

Cousins ... they're identical cousins!

Ok so I did a little more digging. It seems that the armadillo - remember, that's this one ...
... is an omnivore and their natural diet includes grubs, worms and ants. They will also eat cockroaches.
Meanwhile, it seems that our buddy the aardvark, which, as a reminder, is THIS guy here ...

... eats pretty much small insects - like termites and ants.

So I know what you're thinking. "Wait - does that mean that armadillos ... ... or aardvarks ... ... are just anteaters with funny names?"

Well, I looked that up too - and the answer is "no" because see - THIS ...

... is an anteater.
There. I'm glad I could clear that up for you.

No comments: