The following is all a dream that I had last night. NONE of this has actually happened.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
So I'm in a shop ... or a cafe, hard to say ... with one of my childhood friends. A friend that, as it turned out, was not a very good adult friend so I distanced myself from her quite awhile ago. We're in a shop/cafe buying food items ... pastas and salads and whatnot. There's an individual sitting alone at a round table in the corner and he's next to the fireplace in this shop/cafe. He's being rather a pest - being loud and obnoxious. He asks an elderly man to replace a chair at his table. The elderly man he's asked to move this chair probably weighs less than the chair but he tries to do it anyway, just to get this guy to hush up. He gives up and walks away.
My friend and I do our best to ignore this blowhard. We walk as far from his table as we can, but it doesn't work. "Hey!", he shouts, presumably at me. "Hey! You have to help me count these napkins in the holder here." Stuff like that - stuff that makes just NO sense at all. I get irritated. I turn on my heals and in a very loud, very authoritative voice, I say "You need to take a deep breath and stop. No one here wants to hear you, so just stop talking to all of us, have your meal and go away."
I turn my back on him and he trips me with a stick or something ... not "fall on my butt" tripping but enough to make me stutter-step. I've had enough, and I tell my friend I'm gonna get this guy removed from this place.
I find a manager and explain the situation. "He's wearing a red shirt with a baseball cap and he's making your customers uncomfortable. He tried to trip me. And if you don't do something about it, I will."
The manager tells me he's got it taken care of and when he turns to the table in question, it's empty. The guy is leaving - I see him walking down the street just outside of the store. The manager follows him and has him return inside, which is when I notice that this individual is blind. He's not wearing glasses or anything, but that stick was a cane and he has a seeing-eye dog.
"This can't be the guy", I say to my friend, who is mortified at my lack of sensitivity. "The guy that yelled at me ... at all of us ... wasn't blind. There was no dog. Crap! Where did he go?" I say as the manager asks me if I wanna file a formal complaint. I sigh. "Yeah, I wanna be the person that files a complaint against the blind guy. I wanna be that person", I respond with sarcasm.
Suddenly my friend says she's late to do a final walk through in her new home and - again, because this is a dream - the next thing I remember is that we're in (what I guess is) the home she's buying. We're inside the front hall next to the door that leads outside. Her child (yeah, I didn't mention children before this because this was the first I'd seen 'em, too) says "there's someone at the door" and he presses a button for what I suppose is the intercom. But he doesn't just press it, he like ... leans on it. "Buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz" fills the room.
"Stop it", she says, as she smacks his hand away. And then, outta nowhere, the seeing eye dog sinks his teeth into the buzzer system and rips it out from the wall. The child yells loudly - both at surprise of what the dog did and of the noise it made -and my friend looks to me for a comment of some kind.
"Don't look at me - I wanted to turn in a blind guy for tripping me."
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
And then the cat woke me up.
Anyone wanna translate what all this means for me?
Wednesday, May 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment