Friday, May 14, 2010

That's Our Girl

This afternoon, I returned home from a quick run to the shops with two bags - each with tissue-wrapped items.

After awhile, I unwrapped the items and then, remembering how much cats of my past have enjoyed the treat, I placed a piece of tissue in her sleeping box in the living room. She eventually made her way over to her box, stepped into it (and onto the tissue paper, which crumpled as she set her paw on it) and looked over to us as if to say "This? Really? I have to try to sleep on THIS?"

The Awesome Boyfriend turned to me and I gave my defense. "Honest - They LOVED it!" As he left the room, he leaned down and took the tissue out ... and I have to say that the cat looked more than a little relieved.

"Fair enough", I thought as I looked at her. "You are an individual, after all, so you have your own likes and dislikes. This clearly was a dislike."

And then ... with little warning ... she stepped out of her bed, onto the tissue which lay upon the floor, and is now passed out on it. Her little feet stretched out in front of her, her tail not twitching at all. She doesn't even seem concerned at the thunder and lightning outside.

She may not be "my" cat yet but I don't think she's "his" cat anymore.

*******
(Yes, it's another cat post. Sorry ... she's just very inspiring to me apparently.)

No comments: