An open letter to the love of my life:
You give so much. You are so patient. Thoughtful. Caring. Creative. You provide arms to hold me, ears to listen to me, and laughter to make me smile. You are considerate of my opinions and give me new things to think about. You have opened entire worlds for me. You encourage me when I am low, and you keep me grounded when I lose my focus. You excite me, calm me, appreciate what I am and look forward to what you know I can be. You believe in me when I doubt myself. You don't let me give up and hold me to my own standards. Your compassion is overwhelming, your support is rock-solid, and your smile warms my soul.
How could I ever find a way to express to you what all of that means to me? What grand gesture would work? What could I possibly do or give or say?
And so, tonight, I will have you read this while we are finishing our meal. Because, while I could not ever thank you enough for all that you are or all you have done, I can show to you that I understand your vision for our future. That I embrace it. Welcome it. Believe it. Cherish it.
Yes, it's a silly, small gesture on my part. I hope you see it for the deeper meaning. That I want walls filled with our experiences and that all the rest of my days ...and my heart ... they are yours.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment