Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The "Tom" Update

I haven't visited here in awhile and realize that I haven't updated myself on where "Tom" is at, recovery-wise.

Oh, he is SUCH a love.  He greets me each time I come through the door with a few grunt-style "meow" noises.  He then winds around my feet while I stumble to his food bowl for refilling.  (It always needs refilling.)  He gets a few strokes on his head and back while he chows down and then I head towards the couch to let him have some time alone to dine.  When he decides to take a break, he slowly struts over to me, nudges my feet, and then hops onto the couch beside me.  He lets me inspect his leg (which is completely recovered but very bald still) and then the grooming can begin.  Every now and again, I'll tell him what a great cat he is and he'll purr for a bit and then it will be nap time.

The plan of attack is that one of our two rescue cats will be relocated to their "forever home".  If it is Tom, he will go to his new home with a carrier, whatever food is left, his cat toys, a few towels (that have his scent) and his medical records (including his rabies tag) ... but I'll need to have whomever takes him to PROMISE me he'll be a strictly-indoor cat and that he'll be "fixed".  It's possible that Tom and Tabby could get along, but that would mean I'd need to have additional tests done on Tom before he meets Tabby (to ensure everyone stays healthy) ... things I've already done on Shiloh (except we know that currently Shiloh and Tabby do not get along).  It's a puzzle.

And that's where things are today.  We have the best-ever brown tabby, the shy and needy gray tabby, and the tough-guy with a soft heart orange tabby.  All healthy, happy, and wonderful to spend time with.

Purrs.

No comments: