Monday, May 23, 2011

Still going with "White Kitty"

Quite awhile ago, I wrote about "white kitty".  A quick check here shows my first mention was probably this.  A LOT has happened since that time.  Shiloh has happened.  Tom has happened.  But, on the White Kitty front, I'm very pleased with what has and with what has NOT changed.

White Kitty is still an outside cat.  She still has her own schedule.   She still can be somewhat timid.  I now really think, 'tho, that White Kitty already has regular care-givers.  Her coat, despite the rain, remains mud-and clump-free.  Her ears seem to stay fairly clean.  Her paws, even, are pretty tidy.  The biggest change has been her giving me her trust.  She now connects my arrival with food and attention and responds as 'tho she welcomes my being there.  There are scritches behind the ears.  There are brushings.  There are times when she just needs to climb onto my lap and stare into my face.

She appears to be healthy.  She has a working "purr box".  She's tolerant of the birds as they gather just outside her reach.  She is a good weight and seems to have no difficulty seeing or hearing.

Why would I bring that up?
Well did I mention her striking good looks?

As an animal lover, I find beauty in most creatures.  As a cat caregiver, I can recognize the differences in their faces.  But seriously this is a GREAT looking cat. And - interestingly enough - she's probably the most panther-faced house cat I've seen ever.  When I see her straight-on like this, she reminds me of the Pink Panther cartoon.  She's got very angular features.  If she were human, she'd probably have supermodel cheekbones.

She's also become quite a talker ... sometimes short gruff meows like Tom used and sometimes I swear she's just muttering to herself.

Anyway, I just figured since I hadn't shared her here since October that it was time.

No comments: