Not surprisingly the news has been saturated with just one topic. No, I don't mean the Royal Wedding.
I'm not a pacifist, though I believe in peace. I'm not a liberal, though I admit that I lean that way more with each passing year. I believe in karma more than revenge. I believe in justice more than judgment. I believe it takes more courage to walk away than it does to stay and fight.
It's a murky pond I swim in, I realize, and I'm only treading water.
I guess I believe that there's no such thing as a winnable war, that two wrongs make two wrongs, that might is nearly never right, and that an eye for an eye means, at best, that we'd all lose our depth perception.
From the interviews I've read, even those who were AT the Twin Towers or families who lost members are all nearly in agreement that the wound hasn't healed or eased with the recent actions taken by the US. Perhaps that is something that only the passing of time can provide. Perhaps it never heals at all.
At some point, I just know that I'd like to see someone step onto high ground and say "yeah, we could display the body or photos, but - out of *human* respect - we're choosing not to."
But, honestly, I don't believe that any being currently in a role of power has that much courage.
No wrap up today ... just brain-drippings.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment