When I was a child at home from school (either because of another broken arm or just not feeling well), there were things I'd do to stay busy. Read. Play with our animals. Bake. Watch TV.
When I was a YOUNG child at home from school, it was mostly that last one. Oh the countless hours of mindless crap that I'd waste my day watching. Avoiding at all cost any kind of news program (because if I wanted to learn something, I'd go to school ... DUH!), I'd try to find either predictable sitcoms or game shows. Tic Tac Dough, $25,000 Pyramid, and the Gong Show were alright ... but if I were really lucky, I'd come across The Match Game.
Oh I just loved The Match Game. I didn't always get the wackiness of the responses but I loved watching it. Folks really seemed to enjoy themselves there. I couldn't play along, most of the time, because some of the blanks that needed filling in were over my head, but it was fun anyway.
I could ... and did ... play along with Pyramid. I was really quite good, too. Not as good as my parents were with Name That Tune, but I probably could have done alright. I was never a good receiver of clues, but as a giver? Well, in my not-at-all humble 8+year old head, I just rocked the clue-giver category.
So as a preview for a future blog entry, let's play Pyramid. I'll give the clues, and you guess the category.
Sneezing.
Twins.
Echo.
Footwear.
Team.
Flock.
Waves.
There. That should do it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment