Healthy pets (and humans).
Sunny mornings.
Sharing something I think is tasty ... and having others say so, too.
It's June (at last!) and the weather is encouraging the ripening of fruit as you read this. "FMD" HQ, which is to say our home, has been stocking up on jam jars, tasty ideas, new methods of incorporating flavors, and contacting local farms to warn them we'll be placing fairly decently-sized orders of various fruits as they become available. (What's a fairly decently-sized order? How about "Hello Ryan? Yeah - any chance we'll get those 20 pounds of cherries this week? Great! See ya' then.")
Having recently completed creating 7 different strawberry-based flavor combinations (resulting in 75 filled jars), we're planning on moving on to cherry-based jams this weekend. I'll post pictures of the fruit we're using (because I think the first pic I took looked great - I just need to upload it so I can add it here) and, as the batches are done and stored, will share some of the 2012 new flavors.
I WILL say now that the two taster-jars I brought into work today were overwhelmingly approved. I don't let anyone just say "nice job" or "mmmm" as I would much rather know what is working - or not - for each flavor (and each taster). As much as "mmmm" is nifty to hear, it doesn't really inform me much and I'd almost rather hear "uh - yeah - that ... that's too bitter" than just get "mmmm" as a review.
It's nice to create good-tasting things. It's pretty damn cool to hear others say things like "I know you won't officially SELL these but *oops* this $10 just fell onto your desk."
In short, making jam that folks enjoy makes me smile. Lucky for them, I like to smile A LOT.
FMD 2012. Coming soon, to a mailbox near you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment