Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Current mood? How about "scared"?

"5:45?!? What, like in the morning?!"

That's what went through my head when I read the note from my training team. (I'll be participating in a half-marathon this Sunday. Note that I did not say that I'd be RUNNING in it 'cause THAT would be lying.)

So out of all the things that I should be concerning myself with – that I haven't put on my shoes in more than several consecutive days, that I literally did pack "training gear" that still has tags on it from the store, the whole "my being in a state that I swore I'd never, ever, ever set foot in", looking like an idiot, hurting myself or, at least, my pride – the thing that literally jumped out of the "notes to know" from the team was "hey – meet ya' in the lobby at 5:45am ."

Oh - and, while I'm at it, the second part of the sentence also made me pause. It was "meet ya' in the lobby at 5:45am and we'll walk over to the starting line". My thought? "If we're all at this hotel, isn't there some kind of shuttle or something that could take us there?"

Seriously. That's REALLY what I thought. So I could be wrong, but something tells me I'm in way over my head here.

This Sunday morning, when y'all are barely able to roll over to go back to bed, take a moment and laugh at me and my ignorance. I know I will be.

No comments: