Friday, April 18, 2008

... And Don't It Feel Good!

I know exactly where I was at 5amPT on April 11th, 2005 … and I know exactly where I was at 8amPT on April 18th, 2007.

Now granted, that’s only three years ago and one year ago so I know it’s not like I’m digging deep into the memory vault here … but my overall sense of “time” is REALLY bad. I don’t know how old I was in the 6th grade unless I really stop and figure it out, and I couldn’t tell ya’ where I was employed in 1995 unless I was given a few moments. Heck, at times, I can’t remember what I had for dinner the previous night even. I’ve been known to start some stories with “the other day” when relating an incident to a friend, only to have them stop me to ask “is this like ‘yesterday the other day’ or ‘two months ago the other day’?”

At 8amPT on April 18th last year, I was in Gulfport, MS – where it was 10am local time … and I was on the phone getting all the specifics on the arrival of my second niece. At 5amPT on April 11th, 2005, I was in Bozeman, MT – where it was 6am local time – and I was in a hospital helping my sister deliver her first child and my first niece. (The Brother-In-Law doesn’t “do” blood or hospitals very well.)

I’ll admit that babies make me nervous (for numerous reasons) but these two small beings, who are rapidly developing very individual personalities, make me smile just thinkin’ about them. I hope to be a very cool Aunt to them for quite a long time to come. (I really loved my “very cool Aunt” and miss her greatly.)

*****

So there’s part two, as promised from yesterday … some people that you’ve heard me talk about before, and some new people that I haven’t discussed much. There are other folks that have helped me to lighten up as of late – and it’s possible I’ll “introduce” them here at some point, but I’m not ready for that right now. There are also folks that I WISH I could help lighten up … but I accept that I can’t make that happen. Everyone has to walk towards their own sunshine. The lucky ones, like me, have lots of lookouts guiding them on the pathways.

No comments: