Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Follow-up from April posting

In mid-April earlier this year (in this post, actually), I told ya' about a Habitat for Humanity event that I attended on behalf of my company. A gentleman (and gentle man) named Ken Arthur acted as master of ceremonies for the evening - and he was a very engaging - and a self-admitted nervous - one, especially when introducing the mayor of the city to the large audience.

It was a heck of an evening ... full of warm fuzzies that stayed with me, right up until a few days later, when I read about Mr. Arthur being killed not more than a few blocks from the home that he worked to create with Habitat. The area his family still resides in what is not the best part of town, and I admitted in my post that it would have been easy to shrug off Ken's murder as part of the price of living in his zip code.

In an effort to wrap up a lose end, I'll let y'all know that the San Francisco police believe that the man who stabbed Mr. Arthur was himself killed days later when he crashed his motorcycle into a pole.

Make of that what you will.

No comments: