I'm fine.
No ... honest, I really am.
I mean - just think of how many folks are losing their homes during this economic downturn. Think of the people who are worried ... significantly worried ... about making rent this month. Or wondering how they'll afford their next gas or water bill.
I'm just unemployed is all.
It's just ... I don't get to play here anymore.
And that's what the loss is - it's not the job. It's the people. It's Paul D promising me he'll make up some "believable lie" as to me being a good employee if I use him as a reference. It's Amy R catching me as she's walking out and saying "see you" and me saying "yeah maybe" and her face dropping as she says "No friggen way". It's Bruce J saying "I saw it the work order but I still can't believe it". It's Christine M telling me that I'd better be back in the SF office when she returns from sabbatical in 6 weeks. It's Dylan M who just now has caught me quietly welling up at my desk while I type this. It's even Allister L who wrote to me last night to see if I'd be his commute buddy and calling me in disbelief this morning after he'd read my response.
And it's Tim. Spencer. David. Ernie. Jason. Scott. Andy. Jenifer. Dustin. Steve. Deborah. Jennifer. Jason (no, not that one - a different one). It's Lance's biceps and knowing that joke means nothing anymore.
I'm officially a weeping mass.
So yes, I will be alright - but for right now, I intend to lose it just a little bit.
********************
"So I turn myself to face me, but I've never caught a glimpse of how the others must see the faker ... I'm much too fast to take that test."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I hate leaving a job. Becuase as much as you may or may not love the actual day-to-day, or even some of the people there, there are at least a few (if not more) people you're sad to leave behind.
Thanks to the wonder of teh interwebs, I've managed to either stay in contact with or reconnect with a few of the ones I've really enjoyed. But it doesn't stop the tears, not by a long shot.
{{{HUGS}}}
Jules, you will find an even better job and true happiness will come your way.
Post a Comment