Thursday, November 6, 2008

MMMM ... Duarte's Pie

Have you ever wanted to do something that you knew would be viewed as kinda silly to pretty much EVERYONE else but, to you anyway, it'd be kinda cool?

http://falltograce.blogspot.com/2008/09/flame-on.html

Yeah, me neither. Dunno why I brought that up. Nevermind.

So anyway, here's a shot of the Duarte's Pie - well, the box anyway - that I just *had* to get two weeks ago. It's nearly all gone after two weeks of me picking at it. It's kinda hard to see because it's behind my
smoking
hot
FLAMING MIXER!!!!!!!
(Yes yes, I know. I'm a silly dork. Who asked you?)


It's rather hard to tell - but after 4 flaming coats, it was then overlaid with a platinum blast for "added sparkle", detailed in a light blue hand brush, and then completely sealed in 6 - count em 6 - clear coats because, after all, this is no unitasker.


And, my fave shot ...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is one smokin' hot kitchenaid mixer!!! Now this means you have to go bake something post haste. lol

Glad to see you are back. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you are back!! I've missed reading your blog!

Dana @ Cooking At Cafe D said...

So cool, so cool, so UNBELIEVABLY cool! Dija get it done at a body shop?

Man, I'm so flaming out my KA.
Once I buy one.
I have vapor-lock.
Too. Many. Choices.

BTW, welcome back.
You were missed.
*Smooch*

Jules said...

Thanks all - that's very sweet. *sniff* I still have a very very long ugly road ahead and there will be times where I'll rant and wail (Halloween, for instance, was such a day). I'll refrain from blogging those days, to spare us allllllll. ;-)
(A sample: Wanna know the good part about chemo? Yeah well there isn't one.)

I was reminded today, while at Starbucks, that while I'm still VERY scared and VERY scarred - I am, no matter what, still here.

To Dana's questions: It was done by a professional car guy - the master painter that did my dad's Corvette (and the VERY cool custom work as seen in my September "Flame On" post). Scottie Campbell (the man is in his 50's and yet, it's still "Scottie") works on the pro-surfing circuit doing work on boards and cars and now - thanks to me - KitchenAides.
Once you finally settle on a machine, start checking out custom car shops in IL to see their work. Most real craftspeople will take the job on, just 'cause it is unique to them. It may take awhile and it might not be cheap, but if it's between this and stickers? NO CONTEST.

kat said...

Have you ever wanted to do something that you knew would be viewed as kinda silly to pretty much EVERYONE else but, to you anyway, it'd be kinda cool?

Honey, I scrapbook. 'Nuff said.

Most awesome mixer! And I too am thrilled you're back. :)