- The trees around here are JUST incredible these days. I keep trying to take photos as Jake and I go on errands and such, but they never work out to be as beautiful as they are in real life. I guess because I keep trying to get the WHOLE tree. A friend of mine shared photos recently of just very individual things and that seems like a much smarter move. I'll work on it, while the leaves are still there to be had.
- I haven't been to the mall in awhile, I guess. Not Stanford - heck, I'm there all the time. Practically have my own parking space. But the indoor one has changed quite a bit. I zipped up there today to buy a new pair of "loaf and do nothing" shoes and the shoe store where I get them? Totally gone. Replaced by a "Vintage Tee Shirt" store. (Insult to injury - the "Vintage" shirts in question were mid-90s.) I slowly found a way to drift towards Williams-Sonoma - JUST TO LOOK, I SWEAR! - and was sidetracked by a new Coach store. Suuuuuure woulda been cheaper if the shoe store was still open.
- It's gonna rain before the day is over. I can kind of smell it in the air - and for being on 2pm, it's pretty dark outside. Somehow, I don't care. It's late November - I've "graduated" a step, according to my doctors anyway - let it rain. I have friends whom I can surprise with random cool gifts and they seem pleased so bring it on. (It's beginning to sound like I'm paraphrasing "My Girl" here - sorry ... but I DO have sunshine on a cloudy day.)
- I've been working on my "other" blog and while I realize that the memory of Hurricane Katrina is horrible and thankfully distant for many, revisiting that time has made me quite happy. Though the reason for being there sucked - a LOT - that I had the opportunity to jump in and do something ... well there's a reason for giving thanks right there, doncha' think?
- Jake and I have an appointment in a little bit and a mail-run to pick up, too. Which - heck - makes me go right back to the whole "sunshine on a cloudy day" thing. Don't care. Having a great experience. Plan to continue to have it, too. It's about damn time.
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Tuesday Twaddle
Just some random stuff in my head, written out to clear space for new stuff.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Today was a blizzard of snow, sleet, rain, and more snow, then, more rain, and ice....and I, too, have a song in my head. I wanna be jammin' away, mon...;-)
My most recent trip to a Coach store was quite expensive (for me), too. But I {heart} what I got. Whadja get? Whadja get?
And hooray for graduating a step! :)
Post a Comment