After having a few conversations that didn't go so well and feeling a little down on myself, I decided to take a break today ... to GIVE myself a break today. I've been having a craving for a week or so for a particular cookie and all attempts to forget the craving have been unsuccessful.
"Come on", I told the roommate. "Jake & I are going comfort grocery shopping for crap that's no good for us. You can help."
It's been really great outside this past week - I think the temperatures even topped 70 - so I took the opportunity to shake the dust off, turn the stereo up and shop like I was 14. Oh it was just awful - for every ripe bell pepper or perfect head of lettuce purchased, there was a box of Junior Mints or a bag of Sour Watermelon candies. Each time something even remotely good for us went into the cart, something awful joined it.
And it was as we walked past the cereals and I said "get something with marshmallows in it or that has chocolate in the name" that finally raised a flag, I guess. "You don't mean that", he said. "There's some Rice Chex - or hey - they have Grape Nuts". *sigh* "Sure, you're right. Go ahead" I agreed as he tossed in some sort of grown up cereal into the basket.
It was as we unloaded the bag that he saw the giant box of Trix cereal. "Hey - what the hell happened here?"
"It's ... more spring-like than Grape Nuts. It'll make the milk all pretty" I countered.
That may just be the most lame excuse I've ever heard for eating like this. *munch* *munch* But gosh this is just delicious. And look - pretty milk. Must be from all the happy cows.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Happy Cows do come from California you know!!
Happy Spring Jules---weather's been marvy here as well!
Post a Comment