Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The Story Of Us

I write.

Not necessarily here all the time - in fact, decidedly not always here. I write - long-hand write - all kinds of things regularly. Some writings take me all day long (and I go through several cards to get to the final product) and some, even though the words are just as deeply felt (even more deeply perhaps), I can write out in one shot - one 14-minute blitz.

I now have a reason to write in a book I've had for about 4 years.

When you write as much as I do, sometimes you get inspired seeing the notebook but don't wanna put "just anything" in it. I purchased this specific book when my first Niece was born - so yes, it's four years old. A lot has happened in that time frame, but I held off in putting ink in this particular book. I didn't want to just use it ... I wanted to really fill it with thoughts and hopes and dreams and memories. Unlike all my other notebooks and journals and diaries, when I saw this book - when I purchased this book - I remember thinking "This will be important enough to keep ... always. This I will read years from now and each line, each idea, will bring up an image I can recall."

I'm now on page 5. I have more than 80 thoughts and hopes and dreams and memories. And I have a co-author who gets the idea of the book even though I never even explained it really. In fact, he's contributed to it. Years from now, WE will read it and each line, each idea, will bring up an image WE can recall.

It is our book. Volume 1. 40 years in the making. It is the story of us ...

... and it's about time.

3 comments:

Dana @ Cooking At Cafe D said...

To the hopes and dreams already on paper and to those still taking shape.

Cheers!
:)

Wendy said...

We are almost 26 years into our story---may you be blessed as we have!

It is an amazing journey, savor each and every memory, good, bad and ugly. Coming through the tough ones make you stronger---I can honestly say that is true.

Raising my coffee cup to you both--in Antelope!

Cheers Jules!

kat said...

:D