Friday, April 16, 2010

... and I think it's gonna rain today.

An ex-coworker/manager - and completely decent individual with a young family and loving wife - diagnosed with a "somewhat aggressive colon cancer" ... before the age of 50.

A cousin who continues to fight for her recovery from numerous health-related issues, only to be now diagnosed with shingles.

A mother who only today admitted that she's been fighting eye infections for "several weeks" and, upon getting a check-up, was given stronger medicine to fight her high blood pressure, told to lose weight, and that she was a prime candidate for a significant stroke.

A sister in the process of changing her life yet again, hoping that she's making smart decisions for the sake of her own well being AND that of her two daughters.

A dear friend whose father was just told he has early-stage prostate cancer.
**********
It's just as alright for me to think on these things as it is to notice how bright the sky is this time of the evening, how happy and content the cat looks in her bed, how good I really am right now. I think it's important that I notice and acknowledge both sides of that coin ...

... and I'll remember this post for when I feel any sort of a pity party coming on.

No comments: