I thought I was the only one.
I thought that no one else ever took the time to ponder what their pet was thinking when they entered a room ... or suddenly left a comfy seat ... or was looking out a window. Seriously, I really thought that no one else ever thought about these things. Or, at the very least, that no one else ever fairly regularly thought about this kinda stuff. I now realize that I'm incorrect.
The Awesome Boyfriend recently expressed the question out loud ... "What do you think she's thinking when she's doing that?" (whatever "that" may be and the "she", in question, being our cat).
The world may never know. I may never know what possesses her to suddenly glance upwards into the corner just above my head. We'll probably never understand why she gets "kitty rips" and dashes in to/out from a room. We'll likely never figure out why she seems to get such pleasure out of watching the water go down the drain in the bathtub. Perhaps we'll never comprehend what goes through her fuzzy little brain when we're patiently explaining to her that eating plants is wrong. (Yes, yes I realize that there's a translation issue, but beyond that - when we're talking to her, does she hear voices like Charlie Brown's teachers?) Does she roll onto her back because it feels good or because it seems to please us?
Ours is just to wonder why.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment