Picking up a series from February ...
- It means being comfortable enough to know your strengths (powering through on a task come hell or high water) and your weaknesses (slowing down to understand why the first way isn't working so great).
- It means finding better ways to say something. "What did ya' say?", for instance, can be something I say A LOT, due to hearing damage in one ear. So instead, I've started repeating back what I think I've heard, to thus far comical results. Just this morning "Heston Blumenthal" became "It's Wonder Dog!"
- It means doing - instead of thinking of doing - around-town stuff months in advance of a birthday ... and then finding yourself too excited to wait until the right day to share the gift.
- It means enjoying the quiet times, be it watching fireflies dance by the window or rabbits dart in the backyard, and realizing that you're honestly just happy to be beside your partner.
That's a few more moments of what it means to love someone.
No comments:
Post a Comment