Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Just Cause

Remember when I wrote this from February?

Well today, while thumbing through a newspaper, I found an article about a dynamic duo I'd never heard about ... "A Chance For Bliss". They do work that ... well, they might just be the bravest people you'd ever wanna know about. Oh, and they have a blog (which you'll find over there ------>) and they're also in the running to get a little financial relief from Pepsi (click here).

Now, before ya' say "awwww man - I gotta REGISTER to do this? It's too much trouble" and whine and bitch and decide not to, lemee ask you this one question:

Have you ever cried over the loss of a pet?

'Cause if you have, if you know what that feels like, if you ever had to make that difficult decision where ya' knew what the right thing to do was but it made your heart heavy ... well then, imagine voluntarily taking in animals who were near the end of their journey just so their last days would be good ones. Imagine voluntarily taking in critters who would probably be around just long enough to break your heart when they passed.

Right ... as I said, the bravest people you'd ever wanna know about.

Take the two minutes, sign up, use your "fake" email and don't check the "send me spam all day" boxes, and whatever all else you want ... but sign up and help these people continue to do the work they do. You're allowed to vote for 10 different worthy causes every single day ... I'm just asking for you to use one of those votes. Feel free to find other ideas closer to your heart (or towns) and give them your support, too.

But let's at least give bliss a chance, ok?

No comments: