Monday, January 21, 2008

Gimme my damn cake.

Maybe I'm just asking for too much.

I want my pets. I want my comforts. I want familiar territory where I know all the backroads and shortcuts. I want the surroundings and the sounds and the faces and the weather and all the little details that are the touchstones I grew up with. I want my friends, my family, my coworkers, my grocery clerk, my mechanic, my postman, my hairdresser, my parking lot attendant, my vet, my doctor, and my dentist to accept and fully understand what I have yet to explain to myself. I want to snap my fingers and have everything adjusted, yet remain "as is". I want to change it all, without disappointing a soul. I want to hurt no one. Oh, and I wanna know ... not because of verbage but absolutely KNOW ... that this is the best thing for all concerned.

I don't just want my cake to eat the damn thing. I want my cake so that I can eat it and still not gain an ounce.
No wonder this feels greedy.

No comments: