The call came about 4pm on Friday. The details: Football, tickets, playoffs, club level. "I'll call you back" and he turned to ask me if I'd be up for it.
I love football. I do. I love yelling at the moron plays, the CLEARLY blind refs, pointing out the skank four rows down who just took off her top to make sure she got on TV, the cheerleaders doing their best to not have us despair when our team is 4 touchdowns behind. Plus, I understand football. I know what the signals mean, and the scoring vs baseball where folks are making all kinds of signals and players being allowed to send in "substitutes" ... well ... *yawn* I'm sorry I drifted off. Where was I?
Oh right - yeah - do I wanna go? Well in a word "yes". Yes, I want to go. It's why I'm here, to spend time witcha after all. We'd get quiet time in the car ('cause honestly quiet time has been RARE this time around), I'd get to see Seattle(!!!) with someone who appreciates food as much as I do, and then yeah, the game.
But do I wanna go? Well in a word "no". Because it's January. And it's cold. And raining. And likely will be colder and rainier and the idea of sitting outside to freeze my ass off *and* inevitibly catch a cold when I could just turn on the idiot box and watch if from the comfort and safety of a home, sans driving, maybe even with glass of hot chocolate and an appreciative and calm dog ... it's an easy choice.
So please - you go. By doing so, you've given me a nice, quiet, calm day to do whatever ME things I wanna do, and I'll get some "around the house" things accomplished that I know you don't always have time for, and at the end of the day, I'll have "awesome woman" points that I will enjoy down the line. That's what we call an "easy 6".
--------------------
Update: It's 9:20am, and the phone rings. "Hi, it's me. We may be home kinda late tonight. It's - uhhhh - snowing." *giggle* I have chosen wisely.
No comments:
Post a Comment