Saturday, February 9, 2008

A conversation, mid-stream

"Aw Jules, I'm just so damn sorry. I wish I could just help you just fast-forward all of this and not feel it ..."

"No, actually. I am ok with feeling it. I think you have to feel it. Ya' don't get one without the other, you know? I'm really thankful I feel this, actually. I was ... blessed ... with the opportunity to learn this early in my life and ... really, it's good. This is ... good."

Blank stare. "Ummmm ... but ..."

"It's ok. Really. If I gotta help my family get through something that I know way too much about? At least I have good training for the gig. Maybe I experienced something at 19 years of age so that, 20 years later, I could get others through the process."

"Wait - what are you talking about?"

"Cancer. What are you ... ?"

"Oh. I was ... ummm ... I mean, I heard ..."

"Ohhhhh. *smirk* Well ... it all still applies."

No comments: