Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Oh negative

I grew up knowing that I could give to everyone, but only receive from those similar to me. It doesn't make me particularly unique per se (7% of the population of the US is in the same boat with me), but it is something I keep in mind if I'm feeling ultra-klutzy.

You may recall that I currently have two direct relatives, a mother (my aunt) and her daughter (my cousin) fighting Cancer. One is not expected to live through 2008, the other has taken measures to continue onwards.

My father, because of his heart issues and the medication required to regulate his heartbeat, is unable to help. My mother, because of her own recent Cancer issues, is also unable to help. My sister, for her own reasons, cannot assist. This leaves me.

Except it doesn't.

Because of my own history, and because of the health of those I'd be giving to, I've been refused to be ALLOWED to help them.

So it turns that all I can do is continue to be positive. Except I'm not B+, I'm O-.

No comments: