Friday, August 1, 2008

Ramblin' randomness

* The phone folks that deal with claims all seem to have great senses of humor. When I call them to tell them I won't be filing a claim for a fender-bender that I caused, even 'tho my car suffered far more damage than the Camry in front of me, they ask me why. I tell them that I LIKE my car having bruises - it makes those around me nervous. My guess is that not many people call them in HAPPY moods. I like that I make 'em laugh.

* I've carried off a surprise something to various nation-wide households in the past two weeks. I'll be done by August 5th. Knowing who glances at these scribbles, I can FINALLY write about feeling kinda nifty for having done this. Yay, me.

* How could I have failed to plan for my down time of unemployment? How did I miss that I'd be sitting on my sizable butt waiting for the hiring manager to return from sabbatical "sometime" in August and not think "Hmmmm - wonder what I'll do during that time?"

* Filing for unemployment in my state means I need to tell them about the past 18 months of employment history. That'd be one employer for me - a company I was at for 6 years and 4 months. My state wants to know my wages from said employer. HOLY CATS!!!! Sure, I have that at my fingertips ... Anyway, I found it (thank you, tax team!) and ... wow, that's a hell of a number.

* Why did TMobile drop FaceBook onto my Blackberry? I'm a little outta that age range, aren't I? Note to self: Visit TMobile tomorrow and ask them who their target useage market is. Find out if it includes cougars.

* On paper, I'm a bit of a mess. The basic facts are that I'm over 35, unemployed, live with my two cats in an apartment, and have Cancer. So does my Aunt. So does my Cousin. So does my Mom.

* That last factoid is news to you, I know. I'm not gonna talk about it, except to say that she's fine - it's skin-related, on her face, has been removed, it's not the first time, and again she's fine. That is all - moving on.

* My dear father, who calls me to tell me FASCINATING crap like "those goofy hens of mine got out last night" or "you'll never guess what we had for lunch the other day" didn't call me in advance of his annual fishing trip to Alaska. This was his first out-of-state trip since his heart attack last year and the reason he didn't call me the night before he left was he was nervous. I know this NOT because he told me so - but because I am his kid and I'd do the same thing. He's returned home safe and sound (with LOTS of fish), and we'll talk this weekend about everything except his health.

* Those who want to know me should get to know my family first. I'm like this because of them.

* Is it ok that I called myself a cougar?

Happy Friday to you. It's now 2:35pm and time for a Hot Chocolate. Be good, take fun - have care.

3 comments:

kat said...

Defintiely surprised here in "depressed cows from the long winter" land!! :D Thanks a ton! I just got an idea to make some peach ice cream swirled with the yummy jammy goodness - I'll let you know it turns out. Mmmmmmmm.

And yes, it's just fine that you referred to yourself as a cougar. It's what all da cool kids'r sayin' dontchaknow?

Anonymous said...

Jules, I am sorry things are so rough right now. I wish that I had your address I would be able to send you something that could help you feel better and it is something you can share with those family members of yours. Keep shining. You are a very special lady.

Dana @ Cooking At Cafe D said...

Jules,
So, you have a little time on yer hands? There's no better time to shoot the Discovery folks a note letting 'em know they rawk. ;)

Okay, seriously...
Nope. Can't do "seriously" long-distance.
I'll just leave it at (((Jules)))
D.

P.S. Boom De-Yadda