There is an artist whose work I'm familiar with who signs off her letters and whatnot with "OBSOBAC" ... "officially been sat on by a cat". If you don't currently have or have never had a cat as a pet, this statement may seem odd. The rest of the cat-owning planet, however, totally gets it.
If you have a cat as a pet, the things you own have been sat on - even if you don't think they have been. That place on top of the refrigerator where you store large platters? OBSOBAC. The books on the speakers in the "spare room"? OBSOBAC. The box by the door that you'll bring out to be recycled? OBSOBAC. Your pillow on your bed that you know for a fact your cat has *never* *ever* jumped up on? Hahahaha - ohhhhh yeah - very OBSOBAC.
Ya' may remember from the first of the year that I've taken up knitting. This is mostly as a means of keeping my circulation going in my hands while various medications continue to lower my core body temperature ... and 'cause I've always wanted to know how to knit ... and I figured if I succeeded in learning how to knit and created something large enough, I could use it to wrap up with to keep warm.
Well - success!!!! I've completed my first knitting ... ermmm ... project. The goal was to just use the entire ball of yarn and see how big said-project would be. I started with 28 knots on my needle and about 18 rows in, I noticed I had 36 knots. More than mid-way through the project, 36 knots became 42 and that ended as 50. So the reason I keep referring to this as a "project" is that I cannot call it a "square". It's not even a rectangle, really. It's a ... blob with corners at one end.
What it also is, apparently, is cozy and warm on a kitties tushie because it has been OBSOBAC.
I finished it very very early on Sunday morning (or very very late on Saturday night, depending on your point of view), tied it off and set it on a dining room chair. Later that morning, I looked over and saw that what I had made, according to Minnie, was a cat butt warmer.
Hmmm ... I wonder what the market is for CBWs that have OBSOBAC?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
"I started with 28 knots on my needle and about 18 rows in, I noticed I had 36 knots. More than mid-way through the project, 36 knots became 42 and that ended as 50. So the reason I keep referring to this as a "project" is that I cannot call it a "square". It's not even a rectangle, really. It's a ... blob with corners at one end."
Literally laughed out loud.
Oh, and I have no need for a used CBW. Have plenty. Matteroffact, if you find a market and want a parter...
Post a Comment