I am the dark sheep in my family - act surprised - as I have no such drawer. Instead I have something far more useful. The contents of what WOULD be my "lid drawer" also suit lots of purposes, comes in handy for everyday uses and in an emergency? Oh heck - it's practically MADE for emergencies.
Behold - the chocolate box.
(Cue the choir of angelic voices ...)
This container of empty but oh so satisfying calories lives in the top shelf of my pantry. One would think it would be too tempting to just let it sit and live up there ... but honestly, it's fine. I know when I get onto my tiptoes and stretch all the way out that to get my fingertips to walk the bottom of the box to the edge of the shelf, and as it starts to tip over the top of my head that either (1) I'll miss and comedy will ensue or (2) good tasty things will occur. Or, at least the attempt to good tasty things. The goal is always (2), but sometimes I get the bonus of (1) as well.
In any event, the chocolate box was opened with the intent to make some magic for myself, for my work friends, for my coffee shop buds, but especially for my guy who, for reasons I can't quite put my finger on, I just think needs to be reminded that he's special and fabulous. Because he is special and fabulous.
As you know, I made these yesterday.
This container of empty but oh so satisfying calories lives in the top shelf of my pantry. One would think it would be too tempting to just let it sit and live up there ... but honestly, it's fine. I know when I get onto my tiptoes and stretch all the way out that to get my fingertips to walk the bottom of the box to the edge of the shelf, and as it starts to tip over the top of my head that either (1) I'll miss and comedy will ensue or (2) good tasty things will occur. Or, at least the attempt to good tasty things. The goal is always (2), but sometimes I get the bonus of (1) as well.
In any event, the chocolate box was opened with the intent to make some magic for myself, for my work friends, for my coffee shop buds, but especially for my guy who, for reasons I can't quite put my finger on, I just think needs to be reminded that he's special and fabulous. Because he is special and fabulous.
As you know, I made these yesterday.
which, in my hand, looks like this.
No comments:
Post a Comment