On Friday, I posted some random things that sometime happen or that I've observed that I can't really make sense of. And a friend of mine addressed two of them.
And I understand.
The "Swapper Ed's/Half Provisions" thing? Yep - I forget that having easy access to foodie-centric awesome shop after foodie-centric awesome shop is not the "norm" for quite a few places. And I should have remembered that one, really. When my sister was living in ... well let's just call it "Hell" ... she was 4 minutes away from the ONLY store within a 70-minute drive radius. No foolin'. That "store" (and mannnn, do I use THAT term loosely!) was also the official post office, the florist, the pharmacy, the vet, and the town bulletin board. It's also where "overnight" packages were delivered three times a week (and then the post office would call you to come get your package). OH - and it closed at 4pm on Wednesdays because everyone ... EVERYONE ... knew that was Fire House Bingo night. Ya' can't just make something like that up.
And as for talking vs. texting? Well heck - that's just embarrassing. I don't make my living with a phone anymore but I'm STILL not a big fan. I just ... I guess if I were given the choice, I would rather have a two-way conversation with one person for 10 minutes than a 1-way conversation with 10 people for 30 seconds, or 164 characters, or whatever it is. But that's a preference thing. Let's be honest ... a person with a blog is no more or less narcissistic than a person who communicates in any other electronic fashion.
There's two things I now understand. Dig me, I'm learning.
Soooooo ... who wants to give me the reason why dogs turn around three (or more) times before lying down?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment