Thursday, August 7, 2008

Me, too

Considering how I usually blather on, this will be short and to the point.

I do it, too.

Mis-read written things, I mean - or, more accurately, I misread "tone" into e-communications. In fact, I do it alllllllllllllll the time.

I'm referring to my post yesterday - when I wrote: "I've been involved in more miscommunications ... because the person on the other end of the computer ... was in the wrong frame of mind and read what I didn't write."

Well fair is fair - I've also been in the wrong frame of mind and read what was NOT written to me.

And yes, the view from my glass house is just LOVELY, why do you ask?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My .02:

No one expects perfection, Jules. It just helps to be able to clear the air and explain any miscommunication. Then, you can get to the truth of what was said and what was meant. The three hardest words for people to say are "I am sorry." After that though, it is no longer your responsibility but that of the person who felt wronged. Either they will graciously accept the apology and move on or they will act like a baby and hold a grudge because they never had any intention of truly having a meeting of the minds. Either way, you are absolved. You have tried to make amends and there is nothing more for you to do. It really is as simple as that.

Nice to know you are human like the rest of us mere mortals.

Anonymous said...

Don't let the turkeys get you down. You have every right to express yourself in your own blog anyway you want to.

Anonymous said...

@11:30 anon - Susan?