Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Terms ... redux

On March 4th of this year, I posted the following:

What I'd like for this to NOT be:
This will NOT be a blog about my health - mental or physical.
This will NOT be a blog about the state of my heart - good, bad, or otherwise.
This will NOT be a blog about my personal life, 'tho obviously I will make comments that draw directly from those experiences.

What I'd like for this to be:
This will just be an observational journal ... a view from above ... my random braindumps for me to consider and, because we all believe our ideas to be publish-worthy, maybe start a commentary or dialogue elsewhere ... as in "you're wayyyyyyyyyy off base" or "yeah, me too".
I'm willing to be told that I'm wrong, that I'm misinformed, that I'm biased or absolutely dead off because it will introduce me to other suggestions or ideas.
I'm willing to fall to grace.
Let's see what happens ...
More than 6 months later, I stand by that - but would like to add terms for those that post comments:

Do so - by all means please do so. Again - I like the idea of being introduced to other sides of my one-sided coin.

Feel free to post with your name, if you'd like. Especially if you want to engage in a dialogue, 'cause I may wanna comment back.

Feel free to post anonymously, if you'd like. Especially if you just wanna float your idea out there, without reason or judgement.

Know that either way, I do read the comments here - and I do ponder them. (For instance, one of the french responses included the word "sheep", which was a head-scratcher ... but I *did* read it.)

This is a small lil' world - and y'all have at least one thing in commen ... me. I promise you that no one is more protective of their aquaintences, friendships, or families than I. If I have anonymous commentators who wanna know who the other anonymous commentators are, too bad. On other boards, I may be just a participant. But this is *my* playground, and you're in *my* sand.

(For what it is worth, I don't even know enough about this tool to figure out who my anonymous folk are - and I'm ok with that. You should be, too.)

'nuf said.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Golden Rule

Rabbi Hillel said: "That which is despicable to you, do not do to your fellow, this is the whole Torah, and the rest is commentary, go and learn it."