So that car that I blogged about literally HOURS ago?
Dad tossed me the keys and told me to take her for a spin. Dutiful daughter that I am, I did so - and, in fact, I drove it directly to a local classic car show that I happened to remember about in my neighborhood. On the last Wednesday of each of the warmer months, a bunch of local car geeks gather and show off their latest projects.
As I was one of the first to arrive, I secured a spot that allowed for a quick getaway (in case Dad wasn't up for the idea of showing off), and called him to grab his "car bible" (it is a pictorial of literally every car he's ever owned) and come on down.
Well, suffice to say, I've created a monster. He now has multiple invites to enter in "Hot August Nights", and has signed up three other car shows (that I know of anyway). I left about an hour ago, took his truck back up home (to swap out for my car) and pre-apologized to Mom about what I'm sure will be his latest addiction. (I'm kidding - I didn't apologize and actually, she was REALLY happy with the idea. Now he'll have "car buddies" to hang out with.)
Anyway, he made a bunch of new friends, the car is a HUGE hit, and it's so pretty in the sunlight, I believe it deserves another shot.
No comments:
Post a Comment