The Plan:
Leave work early Thursday afternoon for some "fun" shopping.
Order take-out that I've been craving.
Take a long evening shower to "get the work week" outta my shoulders and back.
Enjoy some after-dinner late night reading.
Turn off the alarm before going to bed because I could sleep in today.
Take extra time this morning to straighten my hair.
Arrive organized and relaxed for the 9:30am appointment.
Go to work afterwards.
The Reality:
Left work early Thursday afternoon for some "fun" shopping.
Arrived home and started to feel not-so-great.
Ordered take-out that I wasn't up to eating by the time it arrived.
Showered - and the water temperature on my body was too warm for my head.
Went to bed at 8:30pm.
Woke up with a banging migraine at 1:30am.
Took migraine pills.
Padded into kitchen for ice pack (which, by the way, was no fun to sleep on).
Was awake until 4:30am.
Finally got out of bed at 8:00am.
Bathroom mirror reveled that ice pack left really great lines on my cheek. Yay!
Took extra time this morning to unknot my hair, which spent all night in a damp towel.
Arrived in time for the 9:30am appointment ... at the DMV.
The Back Story:
I currently hold one of the 20 best best drivers license photos ever taken. Hands down, it is my personal best photo. However, it is a decade old and my state decided an update was in order. When I took this photo in 1999, the guy behind the lens said "awww come on I just KNOW you can do better than THAT" after the first attempt, which made me laugh and he pressed the button again and *flash* that was my photo. I didn't plan it at all and when I opened the mail and saw it printed, I thought "I never ever want to take another photograph ever."
The UpShot:
I wasn't diagnosed with migraines in 1999... hangovers yes, migraines no. I didn't straighten my hair then either. I wouldn't have been able to get to sleep at 8:30pm if my life had depended on it. Any "sleep mark lines" on my face would disappear before I'd see them in a mirror. Showers were taken in order to get clean, not as a relaxation method. Oh, and in 1999, I'm certain my freezer had NO ice packs.
The Result:
Remains to be seen. Eagerly remains to be seen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Confession?
I once declared my license "lost" and paid the 7 or so dollars to get a new license...because I liked the photo and wanted to keep the ID.
Guess there are now 2 of us...in the whole wide world, who have had good DMV photos ;)
Post a Comment